Sunday 9 September 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!

I'm mum to a three year old girl and a three month old boy who I'll refer to as Pickle and Baby Ben.  I'm a stay at home mum, who doesn't stay at home that often!  Although Pickle is still only 3, I consider that we're a home educating family, and I'm excited to be setting out on that journey.

I believe 'teach me to do it myself' is a phrase used in Montessori education.  I've always liked it as a model for how I want to raise my children, so it seemed fitting to use it as the base for my blog title.  As Pickle is getting older, I'm constantly challenged to find new ways to encourage and develop her interest in learning.  I'm hoping to record some of the things we get up to.  That and other odds and ends that I'm interested in like full term breastfeeding, unconditional parenting and babywearing.

If you stop by, do leave a comment.  This blog will be a good personal record, but it's always lovely to hear from others!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be following your new blog, love the name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be following your blog. It sounds quite inspirational

    ReplyDelete